Saturday 7 July 2012

Satisfaction

I haven't managed to get out running much this week, in fact, not at all.  But I did manage a couple of gym sessions working on core and upper body.  So to ensure that I ran today, I volunteered to a be a pacer at Bromley Park Run.  I had the privilige of donning the 26min vest. So I had a warm up by cycling to Norman Park (2 miles) and then completed the 5k run in 25:55, which if I say so myself is bloody good pacing :0). 
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/196506642

I know of at least 2 people that achieved PB's by using me as a benchmark and I had at least half a dozen people come up to me afterwards to say 'Thank You' which gives me a lot of personal satisfaction.  It just goes to prove you don't have to be a racing snake to enjoy or actually achieve something when running.  I think that is why I enjoy running so much; sport in its simplest form and many ways to feel a sense of achievement!

TJH

2 comments:

  1. Good work. I was also pacing at Strathclyde Parkrun today (28 vest) and managed 27:59 - bang on :)

    The horrendous rain reduced the numbers magnificently so not so many people following!

    Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian. And there was me thinking that 5 seconds was close, but hat of to you sir for being 1 second under! We were lucky down sarf and avoided the rain (for once)

    ReplyDelete