Sunday 27 January 2013

Niggles & Cross Training

It has been a couple of weeks since my last blog and to be honest I haven't been doing much running.  In some ways the recent snow has been a bit of a blessing as conditions were not ideal for running, but I have had a niggle with my left glute/hamstring so had taken an enforced 9 day rest until today when I took part in the Canterbury 10.

CANTERBURY 10

We (Me, Mich & Max) drove to Canterbury in monsoon like conditions, but as we got closer to the venue, things were looking up and in fact the sound of the claxon blew the last of the clouds away and the 750+ runners were treated to blue skies (although a bit windy)

I got round in 1hour 23 mins, although my mile splits were a bit erratic I am glad to report that I got round with no repercussions and to be honest felt pretty good which shows a rest can be just as good as run.

Canterbury 10 Stats

I had been tweeting with Mark, one of the current Project 26.2 runners, but we didn't manage to meet up.  He was too fast for me finishing 10 minutes ahead of me.  PWR had a good showing with 20+ members taking part.

My traditional post run session is to now Google the closest public swimming pool to wherever I am running.  I can then get changed into my swimming gear, have a shower and then an hour messing around in the pool with Max.  Max even noticed in the changing rooms today that somebody else had a similar idea as he said "Daddy that man has dirty legs like you"

OTHER RUNS

The only other two runs that I have managed on the last two weeks was a run with Petts Wood two Tuesday's ago and a Friday lunchtime session with Jamie, the chap from work who I am helping with his London Marathon training.

CROSS TRAINING

I did have a different workout on the Saturday that we had all the snow.  I had made the decision not to run, but Mich said she would.  So whilst Mich (in pink) was running Parkrun with  fellow PWRs Rachelle (in yellow) & Jo (in black)...


Max and I were building a Parkrun Snowman (with a sports bottle lid for a nose)!



So now I really have to step up my training if I am going to get to the start line of the Brighton Marathon in April!

Until next time
TJH

1 comment:

  1. Well donw, that is fantastic! The snowman looked brilliant! Oh and your run today, brilliant! A rest is sometimes all we need :-)

    ReplyDelete